MOUNT KILIMANARO & WILDERNESS ADVENTURE
Enjoying unspoiled and secluded landscapes
Africa’s world’s highest freestanding mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro, rises from lush, grassy plains and towers over the land. Its snow-capped peak is a sight to behold. Climbing Kilimanjaro is surprisingly easy and standing on The Roof of Africa is a life-changing experience. Kilimanjaro ascends above the clouds, with an impressive 5 895 meters (19 340 feet) above sea level. This mountain holds three volcanic cones, Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira. The highest point, Uhuru Peak is a challenging, yet rewarding climb with a 97% success rate. Climbers choose from seven different routes, each with varying difficulties over six to nine days. Each route encounters varied scenery, from the Afromontane forest to silvery glacial valleys, alpine desert, and even the rugged Kibo caldera and ash pit.
Hikers are accompanied by experienced, professional guides and a porter team that set up tents with comfortable mattresses. The attraction of summiting this majestic mountain lies in knowing that you’ll be standing on the highest point on the African continent. And for those few moments, will literally be on top of the world.
Witness East Africa's abundant wildlife on game drives through the region's most stunning parks and reserves, staying in our best Tented camps and lodge accommodations. The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Maasai language, is undoubtedly one of the world’s most celebrated wilderness areas and is an ongoing source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers and photographers. It is Tanzania’s oldest game reserve, renowned as the site of the annual Great Migration.
The Ngorongoro Crater in Northern Tanzania, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. Some maintain that before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa. Today, long since having collapsed and eroded, it is an extensive highland area with the famous 600 m deep Ngorongoro Crater as its focal point. Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth.
> 14 Days, 13 Nights_ 2 Arusha / 7 Kilimanjaro / 1 Arusha / 1 Tarangire / 1 Ngorongoro / 2 Serengeti
> 9 Days, 8 Nights_ 1 night Arusha / 7 Kilimanjaro
What we love about this adventure
• Excellent game viewing opportunities in the grass plains of Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti National Park
• Learn from knowledgeable guides who are extremely experienced and professional
• Climb to the Roof of Africa! You will never forget it!
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro and the Serengeti are 3 of the 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Tanzania you be visiting
• The wildebeest migration is rated as one of the world's most spectacular natural events
• The crater itself is the world’s largest intact caldera with it’s own eco system
• Relax and enjoy the spectacular sunsets over the Serengeti plains
• Treasure friendly encounters with soul warming personalities
• An experience not to be missed
WE TAILOR ALL OUR SAFARIS TO YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS
INTERESTED IN THIS AMAZING SAFARI
We would be pleased to help you with any questions you have about our safaris:
SAFARI BOOKINGS & GENERAL ENQUIRIES
Open during normal Tanzanian/European office times: 8:30 - 5:30pm
Booking & Customer Service:
The Netherlands +31 6 2512 8449
Tanzania +255 787 772 231